Saturday, February 1, 2014

Village Bakery


With my continual disappointment at the Rochester hard roll Karen has been trying to get me to Pittsford to try the Village Bakery. Thing is, heading to Pittsford first thing in the morning or midday on the weekend just isn't that appealing to me, but in her ongoing efforts to be incredibly kind to me she delivered breakfast to my work this past Wednesday.

I'll cut to the chase, she brought a gun to a knife fight.

She ordered me her favorite: the Alex (sandwiches have names at the Village bakery, I do not know the story behind this and I'm not so sure I care) which is comprised of scrambled (sorry, whisked) eggs, chèvre, arugula, and pesto on hearty, grilled multi-grain bread. Even with the drive from Pittsford to downtown and then the delay in getting Karen and me in the same place at the same time, the sandwich was delicious. Heaping eggs, crusty bread, the spikiness of the arugula with the creaminess of the goat cheese and pesto...all lovely. I can only imagine  that it would improve eating it moments after it was made. As it was, not too shabby.

Not pictured: gobs of pesto and cheese falling out onto the wrapper to be scooped up later.

Village Bakery
Sandwich cost: $6.95
Rating: That's a first-class breakfast sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment